Let's Go on a Journey Together
There is one modality that individuals across eons have used - often in secret - to better understand themselves, in both their professional work and personal lives.
This approach leverages non-ordinary methods to reach elevated states of consciousness, accelerating personal development, catalyzing creative breakthroughs, and unlocking realms of the mind previously unexplored.
When used within a structured framework, it is the only modality that creates dramatic, impactful change within just hours of utilization.
What we’re talking about, of course, is the psychedelic experience.
Steve Jobs called it one of the most profound experiences of his life.
Tim Ferriss, best-selling author and tech entrepreneur, has said that all the billionaires he knows, with few exceptions, take this journey on a regular basis.
And Plato formed his foundational beliefs by utilizing the psychedelic experience, thus setting the groundwork for all of Western philosophy.
And now we’re offering this ancient technology to a few select individuals in our groundbreaking ‘Synthesis’ program.
Safe, Legal, and Modern Framework To Facilitate Personal and Professional Breakthroughs
We are facilitating personal transformation for forward-thinking individuals who want to utilize psychedelics within a modern, legal, and medically supervised context.
Unlike ayahuasca retreats, we administer the truffles in a unique way, so there’s little to no risk of purging. Then, taking into consideration your intention, personality, and previous experience, we then optimize the best dosage for you. Finally, we integrate the latest findings and best practices from the psychedelic research community to ensure your experience is as profound and effective as possible.
Nothing like Synthesis has been offered before. In short, we’re making the ‘secret sauce’’ of thousands of self-actualized individuals - one that’s remained underground due to cultural stigma - available to you.
In committing to this experience, you will be a pioneer in your own right, joining a specially curated list of attendees who are contributing to the next conscious evolution of humanity in a significant way.
What Will You Experience at Synthesis?
By attending our Synthesis program just outside of Amsterdam in the Netherlands, you will:
- Have a legally sanctioned, professionally guided, optimally comfortable, moderate-to-high-dose psilocybin experience in a beautiful, countryside setting
- Catalyze breakthroughs in your self-understanding to live a more meaningful, purpose-driven life
- Further develop your educational framework on the use of psychedelic substances, empowering you to use these transformational tools in a responsible, intentional manner
- Connect with other successful, motivated individuals who have a deep, vested interest in the emerging topic of psychedelic use
- Contribute to nascent psychedelic research, helping to pave the future path for best practices in retreat settings
But, of course, Synthesis isn't just about the experience. One of the most important aspects of any meaningful psychedelic experience is the integration process. For that reason, as part of your experience at SYNTHESIS, you will learn how to integrate your profound insights through our “Microdosing & Integration” workshop. This workshop will provide you with the necessary educational tools to continue working with these substances in a profound, transformative way.
Then, once you go back home, you will receive lifetime access to the SYNTHESIS ‘Inner Circle’ as part of your retreat commitment. This will be an ever-evolving group that will provide professional support and networking as you continue the process of your own personal development in utilizing psychedelics to grow and mature.
In fact, we believe our SYNTHESIS ‘Inner Circle’ is the most valuable aspect of committing to this retreat. In joining us for a 3-day Synthesis retreat, you will meet and deeply connect with other ambitious, talented, and inspiring participants who will become valuable contacts in your professional pursuits. You will also get access to all other alumni of SYNTHESIS.
Further, if the fit is right, Paul and Martijn will be happy to facilitate connections for you within their own professional network of executives, change-makers, coaches, and founders to amplify your own personal and professional development.
Words from Synthesis Attendees
“Hi guys, just wanted to commend and thank you all for an amazing retreat. The care and attention to each and every person and every detail was very thorough. This is probably the best facilitation and framework for this type of experience I've encountered."
—Brandon, 38, Functional Medicine Practitioner, USA
"I feel that I made one of the best decisions of my life by deciding to attend the Synthesis retreat. My life has improved on numerous fronts and I have adopted new practices (e.g., daily meditation and free-flow writing) to sustain my new outlook on life.
In addition to gaining profound clarity on the self-betterment intentions I brought with me to the retreat, the bonds and relationships that I built with everyone else there were some of the strongest I have ever felt –– an unexpected dividend of this experience."
—Jon, 27, Mobile Developer, USA
Exclusive 3-Day Psychedelic Retreat in Amsterdam
We are offering an exclusive 3-day retreat in Amsterdam forward-thinking individuals who want to utilize moderate-to-high doses of psilocybin truffles to catalyze creative breakthroughs, deepen self-understanding, and muster the courage to make the next big ‘leap’ in life.
Our experienced team of facilitators have taken psychedelics hundreds of times, curating a wide range of experiences and outcomes for dozens of other people in the process.
However, this is the first time ever a legal opportunity exists for the public to take psychedelics in a safe, intentional and expert-guided setting to facilitate higher levels of self-awareness, self-understanding, and self-love.
During the experience, we will control for the following six conditions that play an essential role in every psychedelic experience:
Set: the mental attitude of a would-be psychedelic voyager
Setting: the surroundings in which a psychedelic substance is ingested
Guide: a person experienced with non-ordinary states of consciousness who helps to mitigate challenges and channel insights
Substance: the type and quantity of psychedelic agent
Session: the entirety of a psychedelic trip, including all activities and rituals
Situation: the environment, people, and culture from which a person comes to a session and returns afterward
When these vectors are not controlled, and psychedelics are not done in a safe, supportive, and structured setting, many of the benefits will not be experienced. Instead, an individual can easily become overwhelmed with all the unfamiliar sensory input, which can consequently lead to paranoia and confusion.
Because of the power of psychedelics, and the strong influence of others on your experience, we limit each workshop to 12-14 carefully selected professionals. This retreat is not open to everyone, and an application process for the 3-day retreat is mandatory for each individual.
Three Focal Points of Synthesis
The 3-day retreat will be held with trained, highly experienced professional facilitators in a safe, structured, and legal format. The psychedelic we will use, psilocybin-containing truffles, are legal and socially accepted in the Netherlands. For ease of mind, medical assistance will be on call.
In addition to the transformational experience of the guided psychedelic session at Synthesis, a large part of the value in this event is the lifelong connection you will make with Paul, Martijn, and other attendees.
Preparation: 1-on-1 conversations with your lead facilitators to help clarify intentions and calibrate your dose level. We also discuss whether you want to optimize your experience for creativity on a professional level, personal development, or for a
Experience: Consuming the psilocybin truffles at either a low, moderate, or high dose in a comfortable setting with eye mask, moving music, and ample outdoor space to explore
Integration: Our 'Microdosing and Integration' workshop, which provides guidance and understanding on how to integrate your experience, so you can bring your newfound insights back with you and make concrete, meaningful changes
More Words from Previous Attendees
“It was very intense while I was going through it. I felt very emotional and compassionate for my loved ones as I thought of them I cried for each loved one and loved them all the more. I really appreciated the retreat it was beautiful and spiritual. I felt like I let out so much emotion and now I can take stress easier because I have more room for it. I also still feel the beautiful compassionate love that I experienced and spend more time thinking about how my interactions affect others. I thought the team were also very good and sincere and I would like to thank them again.”
- Mary, 59, Speech Language Pathologist, USA
“I wanted to share some thoughts after attending the Synthesis Retreat. I'm back in my day-to-day life and I wanted to send you some words of gratitude for all the guidance, conversation, care and knowledge you shared with the group. It was a fantastic group of inspiring people and I find myself missing you and the group already.
Over the last few days since our ceremony I've had some of the best conversations I've had with colleagues and friends in years. The ceremony and where it took me, it helped me get focus on how I think about my life and profession. I find that it was also key to sorting out the challenges I brought into the ceremony as intentions, but they seemed so trivial when I approached them in my journey. I find myself thinking about them with a different perspective now and it makes all the difference. So to me this was a life changing, before and after thing.”
- Axel, 42, Lead Designer, Norway
Synthesis is sponsored by TruffleMagic, who provides the truffles for your experience. You can learn more about TruffleMagic by clicking the icon below.
Your 3-day Synthesis Retreat includes
- Tools to prepare your intention and educational framework before the workshop
Intake call with members of the Synthesis team
- Lunch and dinner on the first day
- Group hike to ground us in the physical location
- Group sharing circle to build rapport between participants
- Mind and body exercises to bring you in an optimal mindset
- Comfortable, relaxing accommodation with the Synthesis team and other participants
- Morning yoga to create an excellent mindspace for the experience
- 1-1 coaching preparation conversation, to help clarify intentions and calibrate your dosage. We will determine dosage based on your needs, experience, and personality, and whether you want to optimize your experience for creativity or a spiritual experience
- Distraction free work environment optimized for psychedelic experiences
- Experienced guides to help you work through possible obstacles
- Initial dose of Psilocybin Truffles and optional follow up doses to increase duration of the session
- A structured psychedelic session to work towards your specified breakthrough
- Comfortable, relaxing accommodation with the Synthesis team and other participants
- 1-1 coaching integration conversation
- Integration exercises post psychedelic journey
- Microdosing and integration workshop, includes protocol and optional substances to continue insights and integration post-workshop (depending on legality)
- Closing lunch
As an important note, all meals and accommodation will be included with your Synthesis package.
Total Price: 1350 Euros
Available Dates: July 27-29, August 3-5
More Words from Synthesis Attendees
"Thank you again for organising such an amazing event and making it so rewarding for me and the other participants.
You guys made this possible... by your energy and compassion, by your intelligence, experience and humour... and by how you brought the group together skillfully and created an environment that helped everyone open up to one another.
It was quite special to feel so connected with a group of people in just a couple of short days. Everyone in the group really appreciated the opportunity to talk about psychedelics and bio-hacking with kindred spirits who share this unique and special interest."
- Raphael, 43, Entrepreneur, Switzerland
Is Synthesis Right For You?
Synthesis is Great For You If:
- You want to connect with ‘like-minded’ individuals and start to build a community around you of people interested in the modern, responsible use of psychedelics
- You’ve been stuck on a major professional or personal problem for an extended period of time and are looking for creative inspiration
- You want to explore the outer reaches of your consciousness, unlocking aspects of your mind that have yet to be accessed
- You’re curious about the utility of psychedelics and want to do them in a safe, legal, and structured setting
- You feel like there’s a psychological blockage preventing you from reaching that ‘next stage’ in your professional and personal development
- You’re a follower/community member of The Third Wave or HighExistence and you want to spend 1-on-1 time with Paul and/or Martijn
- You’re open to the potential value of psychedelics but haven’t found the right time and place yet
- You’re intent on being your ‘best self’ and you want to learn how to utilize psychedelics to accelerate the process of personal development
Synthesis Is Not For You If:
You have a clinical diagnosis of depression, bipolar, borderline, PTSD, or schizophrenia
You have a family history of schizophrenia
Currently prescribed to anti-depressant medications
You are just looking to get high and have fun
Despite the exciting potential for the clinical use of psychedelics, Synthesis is not a retreat for people looking to experience psychedelics to treat a specific clinical condition. By going through the application process, you accept that there is no clinical motivation for your participation and that Synthesis Retreat will not be held accountable for any issues that arise from your Synthesis Experience
1. Who will facilitate the sessions and what are their qualifications?
Please refer to the About page for information on facilitators and their qualifications. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
2. How will the psychedelic sessions be set up?
We will provide a comfortable space with sofas, lounge chairs, and access to the outdoors. Further, we will have the requisite stationary and office tools if you wish to work on your problem in the afterglow of the experience.
3. Why should I invest in this experience if I can take mushrooms at home?
We believe the context of a group retreat and having experienced guides are essential ingredients to properly optimize for safety and getting the most out of a psychedelic experience. Also, from years of retreat experience we know the value of this experience is also rooted in the relationships you will build.
4. Can I do more than one retreat?
Yes, you can. In fact, we strongly recommend doing more than one ceremony, whether that is over the course of a week or multiple months. Most research indicate that while a single ceremony is highly effective, the changes are more profound and durable with three or more psychedelic ceremonies.
5. Is there any prep or post work included with the retreats?
Prior to the 3-day retreat, you will have a 30 minute call with either Paul or Martijn, or one of the guides to discuss your specific goals for the retreat. More preparation documents will be sent over nearing your retreat date. During the retreat, you will have multiple 30 minute private conversations to discuss anything that might come up. We will always be available for any assistance post-retreat.
6. Are psychedelic truffles safe?
According to recent studies, psilocybin mushrooms (which have the same active ingredient as truffles) are the safest drug currently available - safer than tobacco, cannabis, and alcohol. These substances are non-addictive, non-toxic, and, when taken within a structured setting, have little to no risk.
7. Where can I learn more about psychedelic truffles?
To get more information about psilocybin truffles, please read through this Essential Guide on Psilocybin Mushrooms.
8. Is it legal to eat psychedelic truffles in Amsterdam?
9. What are the long term risks associated with psychedelic truffles?
As long as you do not have a pre-disposition to psychosis, there are little to no long-term risks associated with psilocybin truffles.
10. Will my personal information be confidential?
We keep all personal information confidential, none of it will be shared with third parties.
11. I’m excited about this opportunity but nervous about trying psychedelics for the first time. Do you have further resources I can check out?
The best beginning resource is The Third Wave, a website dedicated to psychedelic literacy and education.
12. Can I opt out for the research?
Yes, you may opt out at any time, participating with our research is not mandatory. Part of these retreats is to discover the potential of psychedelics on human development and to improve the integration of these substances in your life. If you do choose to participate, all of your data will be held strictly anonymous.
13. Will there be future retreat dates?
Yes! We will hold another Synthesis retreat November 11-17. If you're interested in joining our week-long retreat, please indicate this in your application.
What are the next steps?
If you see yourself as part of the event, then here’s the deal:
We have a hard limit of 28 slots available for this retreat. There will be a maximum of 14 people in each retreat, with 2 possible dates:
- July 27-29
- August 3-5
Here’s what we need from you:
1. Fill out the application
Please fill out the following form. Be as truthful and precise as you possible can. We will follow up on all answers and any questions you might have during our preparation call.
2. Make your deposit
We kindly ask all potential participants to make a deposit of €50 before we consider your application. This is a non-refundable deposit unless it is decided you cannot participate for medical reasons.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.
3. Fly to Amsterdam
Once the event draws nearer, we will send you all the practical information you need. We will also ask you to dive deep in a few exercises to optimally prepare your mind and body for this event. Please arrive to Amsterdam the day before the start of your retreat to allow ample time to rest and adjust.
about the Location
The Netherlands is one of the most urbanized nations in the world. There are many activities for you to enjoy here. Apart from the ceremony sessions you can go on bicycle rides, visits to museums or important landmarks, and plenty of nature walks. If you're looking for something even more relaxing, the Netherlands also has a lot of wellness centers on offer.